Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Two-color empire buffet

We've had this old plank and veneer buffet for a few years and never go around to refinishing it.  It has hung out in our family room although it has been too small for the space it is in:






















A couple of weeks ago I started pinning examples of furniture that is partly refinished wood and partly painted.  The top of the piece was a couple of layers of veneer and pretty beat up.  I decided the top wasn't worth trying to save.  I chipped off as much as I could and glued down a piece of 1/4" plywood my son cut to size with the jigsaw.  I also ordered these knobs from an eBay seller:



























I spray-painted the pulls with Rustoleum Gold paint.  The paint is "Gentleman's Gray" by Benjamin Moore.  The doors and drawers are stained "Jacobean" and protected with oil-based polyurethane:

























Here's the finished product:


























I don't have a good place for this in the house, so it will go in the foyer of the guest house.

No comments:

Post a Comment