Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A new day, a new blog

How exciting! My first post in my new blog!

I'll be using this space to put up photos and commentary about my sewing projects. Nothing fancy here, just a place for me to catalog my sewing progress.

My mom taught me how to sew a little when I was a teen. I made a few skirts, kids clothes (I made a jumper for my baby sister Tiy) and not much since then.

In June of this year, I gave birth to my daughter Charlotte:



I started making clothes for her and was surprised to see my old, rusty skills coming back. When I went back to work, I found that I am now several sizes larger than I was before the baby, and while I'm still losing the baby weight, it is going to take a while to get back into my old wardrobe. Meanwhile, I have to wear something and I've really taken to sewing, so I've been sewing my own wardrobe.

Anyway, I'll update this space with my projects whenever I have time.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog through pattern review, I couldn't stop looking at all of your amazing creations! I haven't even purchased my first sewing machine (hoping to get it for Mother's Day) but your stuff is amazing! Keep posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete